CcmSetup failed with error code 0X80070641

Today when I was trying to install the SCCM Client on a system and was getting an error code of 0x80070641. It was failing trying to install  vcredist_x86.exe with an error code of 1601 – here is the log entry for the error.

In my case the Windows Installer service was not running.  so I found this article and was able to resolve this issue by using Method 2 by reregistering msiexec

Click Start, click Run, type msiexec /regserver in the Open box, and then click OK.

I did not have to run it from safe mode as the article suggests but this may be required in some cases

 

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: