Upgrading from Client version 4.00 to 5.00 I got an error “CcmSetup failed with error code 0x8007064c”

after looking at the logs I noticed there were two instances of 4.00 being detected.

Both instances are showing up in the registry under

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\ but when I checked the source path it no longer existed. I tried removing the registry entries but this did not resolve the issue and I was still unable to install the client.

The next thing I tried was running the old CCMClean utility from the old SMS 2003 Toolkit. After this I was able to succesfully install the 2012 Client.

below are some of the articles I used  while troubleshooting this issue. itbl0b ultimately had the solution for my issue.

TechNet – InstallFromManifest failed 0x8007064c

itbl0b – ccmsetup failed with error code 0x8007064c


Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: