This article walks you through preparing and deploying Office 365.
- Download and install the Office Deployment tools from here. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36778With O365 configurations are done using the Office Deployment Tool for Click to Run and .xml files verses the Customization Toolkit and .msp files that are used in the volume license .msi version
- Browse to the folder that you extracted the Tool kit and open the Configuration.xml file. Save the file as “Download.xml” and edit it with the following settings.
Download.xml1345678910111213<Configuration><Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail"><Language ID="en-us" /></Product><Product ID="VisioProRetail"><Language ID="en-us" /></Product><Product ID="ProjectProRetail"><Language ID="en-us" /></Product></Add></Configuration>
- Next download the content using the /download switch and the download.xml file we just created.
Once this is complete you should now have an Office folder in the source location.
- Next need to create 2 additional xml files an Install.xml and Uninstall.xml
for the Install.xml I use the following configuration. Since we are using Configuration Manager clear out the SourcePath to allow setup to look in the local source folder. I have also set the Updates Enabled to false so that we can control updates through Configuration Manager Deployments.
Install.xml134567891011121416<Configuration><Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail"><Language ID="en-us" /></Product><Product ID="VisioProRetail"><Language ID="en-us" /></Product><Product ID="ProjectProRetail"><Language ID="en-us" /></Product></Add><Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE" /></Configuration>
Uninstall.xml1234<Configuration><Remove All="TRUE"/><Logging Name="Office365Uninstall.log" Path="C:\Logs\" /></Configuration>
- Now its time to create the Application in Configuration Manager. Start by Copying all the files up to your Source location.
- Now we will create our applications. The following screen shots should walk you through.
Select Manually specify the application information
Fill in Application Name and any other relevant information.
Provide as much information as possible for best user experience.
Click Add to Configure a deployment type.
Change the type to “Script Installer” and click Next
Name your Deployment Type
Input the source location where you copied the setup files to.
The Installation and Uninstall programs are as follows considering you named the files the same as the instructions above.
1Setup.exe /configure install.xml
1Setup.exe /configure UnInstall.xml
for the Detection Method we are using the uninstall registry key.12345HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\O365ProPlusRetail - en-usDisplayName
We are verifying that the DisplayName for the O365 Uninstall exists.
Now you can Click Next or Close until you have completed the wizard and your application is read to Deploy.